Here's a secret. (Here's how Bad it was):
My cd was on repeat mode and I lived (breathed) bubblegum pop for three weeks without minding. Every song on Aqua's album made me cry, especially this one. I stayed awake until I couldn't anymore - three hours of sleep in the morning lasted till 8 am the next. I ate ice cream and channel surfed and laughed hysterically. I didn't spend money or do Fun Stuff but I went to the mall nearly every day because that is where the car drove to by itself.

Here's a secret. (Here's how Bad it was):

I thought I still needed to pretend so I pretended I was fine. Still, it took me two sentences into a description of anything to tear up. It took me two nights of vacation before I tried out the empty bed, and ten minutes of miserable self-indulgent wailing before I fell asleep. It took me two boxes of Ice Cream Sandwhiches and two extra degrees of pumped-up hilarity to remember to forget about work.

Here's a secret. Here's how bad it was:

We thought we might need to pretend to be fine and Avi was doing her best to smile for me. Really we were both drowning in private miseries and pretending to help each other float. Together we kept bobbing up and down and no one came to save us.

#0#