This is made with a similar recipe to amish friendship bread. You don't have to put the starter in. IN fact, for this recent batch, I didn't.

Ingredients

3 large eggs
1 cup white sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1-2 ripe bananas, well mashed
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup milk, if needed.
1 5.1 oz jell-o brand banana pudding, or banana cream, if desired. If you use this, use 1/2 cup milk along with.
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup oil Canola is the original, but I have used vegetable oil to great effect.
1-1/2 cup starter if desired. This gives a slight tang

Method:
Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Crack eggs into large bowl. If using starter, add it now. Add sugar to eggs and stir until thickened. Sift together flour and levening agents. Add to egg mixture, and stir until just combined.
Add bananas, ensuring they're decently mashed. Use a potato masher.
Stir in the oil and ensure the entire thing is very, very well mixed, but not overly mixed. It will be somewhat thick. If you're using the pudding, add it in now with the milk. If not, turn this into a greased 9x13 cakepan, a loaf tin if you want to go that route, (maybe two) or a muffin tin with liners or grease. You could also use miniature loaf tins.

Pop in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until done. If you want, you can also add chocolate chips or nuts. I wouldn't add both.

This is delightful with a thin layer of peanut butter (creamy, please) and a massive glass of cold, creamy whole milk.

A variation that makes my teachers and neighbours swoon is to omit the bananas, add 2.5 tsp ground cinnamon or apple pie spice, one grated, peeling and all large apple a box of vanilla pudding and to throw it in the oven.

Makes a wonderful breakfast!
To serve, cut into squares when warm but not hot. Enjoy!