The Night Before & AI Genesis
  • The night before a big party of some kind (wedding? family reunion?), my mom is stressed out with preparations, etc. Bill and his parents are staying at our house, in my room. Bill and I are sleeping in the living room. My mom is very upset because people have been drinking and smoking gage. And just before we go to bed I get Bill in trouble by talking about "toking" in front of his dad. As we lay down to sleep, my mom practically has a nervous breakdown as her father's antique tea cart shatters spontaneously into wooden bits and glass shards (a message from his ghost). She runs upstairs to her bedroom in tears.

    The next day we're on our way to the party but I stop off at an old movie theatre for some strange reason. The building is for sale and there are people negotiating inside when I walk in. There are three crazy felines in there. One is super clingy, nearly impossible to extricate her claws from my clothing. Another is an attacker, biting my hand; and the third is super chill.

  • I create an artificial intelligence and instruct it to construct its own biological body. Last scene: looking at four photographs of a subtley colored, glistening slug-like thing in a petri dish.