The Art Of Living

I had the following dreams after last night's first course in Art of Living by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.

  • I am back in the campus lounge where the meeting took place. The group is sitting around on the white sheets that cover the floor. We go through several stages of intellectual tricks designed to remove expectations, assumptions and other restrictive cognitive structures. We begin to meditate and I go deeper than I have before. With my eyes open I begin to see visions. I am visited by a few Masters though I don't remember who. They appear in the room in front of me and tell me things. I listen in awed silence. The last person to appear is actually Dennis Hopper, dressed in a long white robe with a yogi's long grey beard. He addresses me by name, telling me ancient secrets about the breath and prana.

  • I'm at UC Santa Cruz, Porter College, and there is a perpetual tornado that lifts objects into the air from one side of the quad. We are all amused by this strange phenomenon. I walk near it and discover a twisted up house which I recognize as belonging to my friend, Lianna. For a long time I search for her and become disheartened when I don't find her. Then I think I see her far off down a street at the bottom of a hill. I wave to her and the dream ends.