Ahhhhh Friday. The day before freedom. The end of the week, the start of a weekend.

The sun is shining and it promises to be hot out there today. Summer is swelling the heart of Melbourne, The Cup is Tuesday - public holiday - and everyone is chatting, about where they are fleeing to over the long weekend.

I woke early this morning nudging Girlfriend into consciousness, then smacked the alarm clock and we both went back to sleep for an hour. The problem with this? We are going interstate for the weekend, leaving from work, so the next hour was spent frantically packing to be at work early enough so we could both leave early...

I am looking forward to this weekend, it's an SCA event to decide the next King of Lochac. I intend to fight for it, my hopes are not that high, but *shrug* as the saying goes, 'the sun can shine on even a dogs arse somedays' .. heh heh heh hopefully all the other competitors will have dysentery and/or bad headaches and I can be KING! hurrah.. ahh it's nice to dream.

The move went 'well'. CHICKS! If they listened to me in the first place... Give them what they want, and _then_ they realise that you might have known they didn't really want the reality of it all... But the rooms have been reversed, boxes have been moved. I even 'tidied' the shed - if u call re-arranging everything so I could fit more in 'tidy' ;)

There is a distinct air of uneasiness here in my office today. I hope it is because I want to leave early and am fearing the worst. It's a subtle feeling, a really low level creep, that has me worried that my entire house of cards is about to come crashing down around me. Gee I just hope it's cause i only had 4 and a bit hours sleep last night...


I have since spoken with and interacted with enough work collegues for this feeling to pass.. it's a wonderfully warm afternoon, and I am looking forward to leaving this office and hitting the open road. The sunroof open, my sun glasses on, music booming, my gorgeous girlfriend by myside, cruise control holding us on speed.. AHhhhhhh could anything be more exciting???