Today, I overslept.

I was rudely awakened by my manager at work calling when I was an hour late. It took me about another half hour to get ready and get there. I was kinda spaced out the whole morning. I'd set one of my clocks wrong the day before because of the power outage, and even though the alarm was set right, the clock thought it was 8 PM, so it was waiting for the sunrise to wake me. Oh well. It's only the second time I've done that in well over a year, so no problem.

My sister in Japan sent me a postcard from the hundred-yen store (kinda like the Japanese equivalent of the dollar store here). Yes, they sell crap. And this postcard . . . AHH! The crap! It has bunnies on it, and on the top, it says, in Engrish: "A MASS RABBIT!" Below, two cute identical bunnies are clothed in bedsheets, with the word "Twin" written above them. Beside them, it says, "Have a feeling of familiarity." Then below, a gray bunny, a white bunny, and a brown bunny nuzzle each other; above them, it simply says "3 Color." And then, two cute orangey bunnies sit on a grass lawn, with a sign next to them saying "Theyenjoy their daily life" (yes, with "theyenjoy" as one word). One of the bunnies has one ear sloping down. The maker of the postcard decided it'd be cute to put the word "Hang?" next to the ear. It is hilarious.

My sister's doing fine too. But I am more amused by the front of the postcard.

My printer is still being a bastard! Now it says "printing started!" really loud, prints, feeds out a totally blank sheet of paper, and says, "printing complete." THE HELL IT IS (again), you moron! I'm annoyed that I cannot print out new stuff I have written down for my Book of Shadows, which is fast approaching 350 pages in a three-ring binder (oh, how traditional is that?). Maybe someday soon I'll have a working printer . . . but this is my second one that hates me. Maybe it's a curse.

Today I rapped about diets to my friend Mike P. He comes into the store every Saturday and talks to me about anime, good literature, and other fun stuff, follows me around while I work. Today he stayed for my ENTIRE SHIFT and even took my break with me. (That's when we talked about diets.) He seemed appalled that I could be full after eating a piece of pita bread, an apple, and some Wheat Thins, but that's all it takes if you're as tiny as I am. Regular-size portions are big to me, and big portions are . . . well, I'm sure you can do the math. Speaking of which, here is today's 1,000-calorie diet ration menu:

Breakfast:
1 granola bar: 110 calories

Lunch:
1 apple: 80 calories
1 loaf pita bread: 140 calories
16 Wheat Thins crackers: 130 calories

Snack:
1½ cup salad: 15 calories
2 tablespoons lite Miracle Whip: 70 calories
1 tablespoon Heinz Ketchup: 40 calories

Dinner:
¼ cup egg substitute: 30 calories
2 strips Morningstar Farms fake bacon: 60 calories
1 oatmeal packet: 100 calories
½ cup skim milk: 45 calories
¼ cup lite syrup: 30 calories
2/3 cup mixed vegetables: 60 calories

That makes a total of 910 calories for today, so that leaves 90 to play with. I might have a popsicle or some Coke. Yay.