Chichiri is one of the Suzaku Shichi Seishi (Seven Celestial Warriors of the god Suzaku) in the manga and anime series Fushigi Yuugi, originally drawn by Watase Yuu. His name is written 井宿 where the first character is the same as the distinguishing mark on his right knee and means "well", as in a hole for water.

Birthdate: May 21st
Zodiac Sign: Bull (Taurus)
Constellation: Twins (Gemini)
Age: 24
Height: 175 cm (5 feet 10 inches)

(Mild spoilers from here on)

The fourth seishi that the main character Miaka, Suzaku no Miko (Priestess of Suzaku), encounters and recruits, Chichiri is somewhat of a mystery. She first encounters him in the form of a traveling monk who saves her from assassins sent by Kutou, the country of the rival god Seiryuu. He has a speech quirk of saying "no da" at the end of every sentence, which does not add very much meaning to a sentence and is not easily translated as a result, but the phrase is very familiar to Chichiri fans. He usually wears a mask to cover up the scar marking the wound that cost him his left eye. He could remove the scar with his not-inconsiderable magic, but he prefers to keep it to remember the past. When he has the mask on, he is cheerful and silly and very cute. When he takes it off, however, he becomes very serious. At 24, he is the oldest of the seishi and also has the most training. His magic is the strongest and most versatile, ranging from transportation (through his straw hat!) to communication to transmutation.

Sources: The first artbook (original Japanese) and the anime itself.