Journal entry -- 05-12-65 My access to the Chronos Project, like everything that happens in God's world, is no accident. With the help of the Brotherhood's additional technology, tomorrow I will turn time viewing into true time travel. And I will see the Son there with his fishermen, by the sea. There will be proof at last.

 

* * *

 

As the transport energy bled off him in blue electric crackles, the time traveler glanced around wild-eyed. Ecstatic with hope and expectation, he spotted the group of ragged-looking men and the one who was their Master, only meters away. The coordinates had proved out. Surely, he thought, this too was Providence at work. "My Lord! My Lord!" he cried, rushing toward them.

 

* * *

 

Andrew, brother of Simon, saw it first. A pale-faced demon that appeared from a ball of hellfire. It screamed at them in a language that must have existed before Babel. But Rebbe Yeshua's courage braced the spines of his followers. Taking his quick action as their example, they reached down and filled their hands too.

 

* * *

 

John 4:46-48 Jesus came therefore again to Galilee, to a place by the sea called Mylorta, after the name of the demon who dwelt there, and Jesus took his disciples to that place, and they were sore afraid. "Why be ye afraid," he asked them, "Do ye not know that the Son of Man has dominion over hell as well as heaven?" And the demon Mylort came before them in the form of a man, crying out its name, and the disciples took up stones, and drove the demon from a high cliff to drown in the sea.