Following the long-established and often-imitated Mickey/Goofy/Donald Duck model of personalities for teams of animated characters, Bubbles most closely parallels Goofy. She takes on the role of simple and misunderstood but still good-natured member of the Powerpuff Girls, often relied upon for comic relief.

Bubbles demonstrates many of the qualities often found in the youngest child of a family, although her age relative to her sisters, Buttercup and Blossom, is never mentioned in the cartoon. She is repeatedly called upon to prove herself and her powers among her sisters and often seeks praise from the girls' father figure, Professor Utonium.

In "Bubblevicious," an Emmy-nominated episode of The Powerpuff Girls, Bubbles is impressed with Buttercup's violent antics in the Professor's training facility. She fails to defeat a lower-intensity routine and is heartbroken by her sisters' and the professor's attempts to calm her. She sneaks down to the training computer in the middle of the night and sets the simulation on 11. After a near-loss, she manages to beat the program before her family turns off the simulator and declares Bubbles as hardcore -- despite her fear of sleeping with the light off.

Bubbles fears and interests are frequently used as a foil for the plotline of any given episode. Like many children, she is afraid of the dark and the evils it can hide -- like the Boogy Man (see episode "Boogie Frights," and its Star Wars parody). She loves to color with crayons, sometimes to the point of distraction from her superhero responsibilities ("The Bare Facts", another Emmy-nominated episode). These quirks often lead to comments from other characters (and audience members!) along the lines of, "Oh, isn't she cute?"

Outside of the cartoon, Bubbles is the winner of Cartoon Network's Powerpuff Popularity Contest in which the audience voted for their favorite member of the Powerpuff Girls via the Cartoon Network website (interestingly enough, the CN website can be reached at http://MojoJojo.org, despite being claimed in commercials as not the best place for Powerpuff Girls on the Internet). The announcement was made after three nights of Powerpuff marathon, each night featuring episodes which focused on one of the girls.