Huzzah! For once again the big arguments and debates and shoutings have come again to Everything2. I'm actually growing used to sitting back and watching you guys battle with just words.

Generally when these sorts of arguments roll along I sit in the corner with my fingers in my ears gently yelling "La la la...". I don't care. The decision is gonna be made with or without my input. This place will change. It always is. I just roll with it.

However I'm taking my fingers out of my ears for a brief moment in time to address a view point that's been expressed- the idea that adding different forms of media is going to affect the quality of work on E2.

What. The. Fuck?

Please scroll up to the top of this site for just a moment. Look. Look at that title. Does it not read: Elite-neo-fascist-liberal-hippie-wanker-writer commune?

This is E2. You guys know quality. I've read things here that have moved me, that have filled me with sheer wonder and awe. If crap is a-coming here in different forms, then you know what to do. It'll be put to the flame before the day is out if it's really that bad.

Perhaps people fear the problem lies in the influx of new users who will bring with them unearned bullshit. To put it bluntly they'll probably be put to the flame as well.

/me puts fingers back in ears