I'm another who isn't American, but I'm just as entitled to share my views as any other--Free speech anyone?

As an extremely interested observer from outside, I have seen the change that has occurred in the United States, at least in the course of my lifetime--and I have read history.

What I've watched with distress has been the commandering of what was originally envisioned for individuals being arrogated and asserted by corporations.

Free Speech? If you don't have the money, or the media, to promulgate your views, who will ever hear them? And the internet? Think about AOL-TimeWarner-EMI.

I won't revisit gun control and the right to carry and bear arms after the firestorm last time.

As a concerned Canadian, I see the exporting of the American Model, not by individuals, certainly not by any everythingian--are any of us members of the power elite? Why would they be here, anyway?

It is discouraging, trying to effect positive change. I'm not sure what the first step is, except try to see things clearly One of the things I am doing here, as some others, too, just that.


An After Reflection:

mcSey's freedom spolight is the notion I was struggling for. This is exactly the way consciousness works.

WHO DIRECTS THE SPOTLIGHT?

In The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test Tom Wolfe describes the not so good experience of someone on acid for the first, or later, time: she couldn't control her senses, they directed her--they flashed spotlights of wild lights, sounds, tactile sensations, all beyond her control!

Media and culture, America's greatest export products--the greatest threat to Americans and everyone else.