S.W.A.T.

Even cops dial 911.

Year: 2003
MPAA rating: PG-13
Genre: Action

Director: Clark Johnson
Producer: Neal H. Moritz
Screenplay: David Ayer, David McKenna
Story:: Ron Mita
Staring: Samuel L. Jackson, Colin Farrell, Michelle Rodriguez, James Todd Smith (aka LL Cool J), et al.

Plot Summary: from the IMDb (imdb.org)

An arrested drug kingpin is transported by a Los Angeles Police Department SWAT team led by Jackson's character out of the city and into federal custody. Plans go awry when the kingpin offers $100 million to anyone who can free him.


The new 2003 action thriller, S.W.A.T., that stars headline actors Samuel L. Jackson (Basic (2003), The Negotiator (1998), et at) and Colin Farrell (The Recruit (2002), Phone Booth (2002), et al) is based on the popular 1970's television series.

This action packed movie is based on the everyday lives of the LAPD S.W.A.T. (Special Weapons and Tactics) team and others alike. As well, the movie is said to have had police advisors on set to help with completing realism in the story line and the acting protrayed by the spectacular cast.

All based on the real life situations of similar teams from around the country, S.W.A.T. is able to take you closer to the action then ever before.


Source:
- The Internet Movie Database; S.W.A.T. (2003); <http://us.imdb.com/Title?0257076>
- Sony Pictures; Sony Pictures - S.W.A.T.; <http://www.swatthemovie.com/movies/s.w.a.t./index.html>


Writer's note: I'm going to see this movie tonight, so I'll write a review sometime in the near future.