So, you're his girlfriend.

I told him a long time ago that when he finds a girl I wanted to speak to her first. Before he got too involved and all that. You're the first one that I am having this talk with, and I hope you'll be the only one for quite some time.

He's been talking about you for a while now. He really likes you a lot. From the way you looked at him at the diner it seems that you're a bit fond of him as well. Before you try to do anything stupid, there are some things I need to let you know:

He was mine long before you met him. He was mine before he even had dreams of meeting you. He was mine before all of this started happening.

I'm sorry if I seem a bit too protective, its just that he has been alone for so long. I am afraid that you'll hurt him. Just because he is new at this doesn't mean he deserves to be hurt. He is mine and I love him. You may borrow him for now but if he comes back damaged, there'll be hell to pay.

This is a bit like what happens at weddings, how the bride's father walks her down the aisle, y'know? Well, he's not a girl so there won't be anyone to look out for him. Except me. If you hurt him, I swear to God, things will be done to you that I cannot yet imagine. For your sake, I hope you'll keep that in mind if you meet some other boy.

I promised him I wouldn't scare you off. He was worried that I would. I'm sure those fears are well founded. I love him very much. He is dear to me. I don't want to see him sad. Ever. Do you understand me?


Good. Now let's go get some coffee.