XP is the name of the Norwegian Coop chain of food stores own no-name "brand". The brand originally started out in the early 1980's as "blue-whites", the idea being that the product itself should get all the attention, not the brand or the packaging. Blue-whites had very simple packaging with only the name of the actual food product printed on the boxes, cans and bags. For example, cans of peas simply had "Hermetic Peas" in big blue letters on a white background, as well as the requisite nutritional information.

The food comes from a variety of sources, bought in large enough quantities to appear as one of the cheaper alternatives in Norwegian Coop food stores and supermarkets.

In the late 90's Coop decided to do away with the blue-whites and change the packaging concept slightly. The no-name non-brand became a brand on its own, logo and all. Inside the still somewhat simple packaging are the same actual food products as before.

The XP "brand" includes all the staple foods of a Norwegian household, like coffee, pasta, fish balls, fish fingers, shampoo, tea, laundry detergent etcetera.

You can buy it in Prix, Mega, OBS! and Coop marked stores all over Norway and leave less skint than you would have been leaving some place else.


Note: I have no affiliation with the Coop chain whatsoever. The blatant, shameless product placement is purely coincidental. So there.