Interesting fact ... although the definition of the word "jezebel" comes from the biblical character, who is usually characterized (quite bluntly) as a whore, there is nothing to support this characterization.

In the Bible, Jezebel is a strong, pagan queen who has a lot of control over her kingdom. Although she does a few things that are morally questionable, none of these actions are any worse than those of her biblical male contemporaries.

The only portion of the Bible that even hints at a temptress nature within Jezebel is in 2 Kings, where she is said to have "painted her face" and "done up her hair" to see a man who she knew would execute her (the prophet Elijah). This passage has been construed to mean that she attempted to seduce the prophet, but there is nothing in the text to support this.

The woman put on makeup, and she is a whore? More likely, Jezebel's name was ruined because of her power as a queen and a high priestess of Asharah, a powerful goddess-figure of this time. The interpretation of this passage hopes to weaken Jezebel's very strong role, therefore making it easy to fit her into the stereotypes of women - the virgin or the whore. Notice that powerful political and religious leader isn't included in these categories?