Being the geeks we are, we spent too much time in the computer labs in high school. We met a number of intelligent nerds just from noticing who was hanging out there, and our attempt to resurrect the computer club almost worked. But one thing always got in the way:
Girls asking for help.

My friends were such suckers. A girl would flap her big eyebrows at one of them and say the magic words "Oh big strong computer geek, would you puh-lease help me with my c++ program?" At which point I would look at the friend stare into space and know that computer club or whatever project we were working on was done for the day.

Every single time, without fail, the guy ended up programming the entire thing while the girl sat back and say "uh-huh" at all the right places, totally def to his honest attempt to explain programming.

I'm really proud of one friend for his dealings in this matter. This one girl caught him, leashed him, and led him on, keeping him ready for whenever she had a project due the next day, and consistently playing coy in between. After a few weeks(err, months, about a year actually...) he got totally frustrated with her and realized what she was doing. That he was a tool, and nothing more. The next "night before" when she ICQed him begging him to do her C++ program for her, he said sure. "Sure, I'll explain it to you, but you have to write it." She threw a fit and hasn't talked to him since. He made his stand, and she assured him his fears were correct.

Guys: they're just using you! Unless it's a girl you're already friends with, don't be suckered in. She's not going to suddenly fall in love with you when you do her work. She'll continue ignoring you until she needs another project done.