I CAN HAS NOADARZ?

Hi kids, vandewal here. Our little get-together is six weeks off now, so chaotic_poet and I are starting to get ready for you all to show up. With so many of you coming, perhaps we should probably be building bunk beds in the basement Fight Club style. Assuming we were some kind of cult or militia, which we totally obviously aren't since we haven't registered with the South Carolinian government. Um, so there.

Anyway, you might be asking yourself some basic questions about out little get together. Here is a practical FAQ for all of that information that you would ask about, were you not so incredibly intimidated by chaotic_poet *snerk*.

HOW WILL WE POSSIBLY CONSUME ALL OF THIS BOOZE?

Our humble abode for this nodermeet is in one of the most booze-soaked locations in the entire city of Chicago. Not only is there a world-class dive bar fifty feet away from the front door, but there is also a really impressive liquor emporium less than three blocks away. Those of you who took a little Chicago adventure before CotC5 last October can attest to the wide array of booze options present in this neighborhood.

While booze taxes are higher in the city than in the surrounding counties, I wanted you allay your fears: There will be booze. And if there is spare booze, know it will go to a good home in Chicago that will love it and pet it and call it George.

OUR RADIO-DISPATCHED NODER TAXI GOES ALL THE WAY TO ELEVENTY

So, let's say that you are coming into Chicago through one of the wide variety of transportation options that does not involve getting into your automobile and driving several hours. Perhaps you are taking the bus, or flying into one of Chicago's fabulous airports. First of all, congratulate yourself on making transportation plans to get to the city. Then, promptly curse your bad luck at the inconvenient thing you have done to yourself:

Our nodermeet is conveniently located next to the Red/Brown/Purple line Belmont station. And this would be great, if any of these lines connected conveniently to an airport. Sure, both airports are connected to the el by Orange and Blue lines, but both will require you to transfer to either another train line or down to the bus in order to reach your destination. This would mean hauling your purposefully packed luggage up or down stairs, then dragging it down the street and up yet another flight of stairs before you embraced by your noding brethren. While some of you might eagerly embrace the challenge, it can be a grueling slog if you've just spent the last few hours just getting into the city.

Oh, but what if you've taken the bus or the train into the city? Well, you'll be pretty close to the loop when you arrive, but there would be a 10-15 block walk if you were trying to get to the Red Line, slightly shorter if you're willing to go to the Blue Line and then walk two blocks to transfer to the Red. Either way, it will be a bit of a pain in the ass.

Fortunately, your city noder friends will provide door to door service to and from the nodermeet, provided you're willing to have a little patience. Just tell me when you are aiming to arrive, and I will come and get you from wherever you are, and bring you safely to the nodermeet. Also, call the cell phone if you find yourself lost or in need of a ride: (312) 391-5577

HOLY CRAP, THIS ONE IS PERMIT ONLY TOO!

Okay, Boystown COMPLETELY SUCKS for parking. I can't think of a single parking spot over by his house that is both permit-free and available. Okay, well, I can think of the liquor store packing lot, but they probably wouldn't be happy if you left your car there overnight. And they would express their displeasure by towing your ass down to district three, and then we can all take a little field trip down to the Port of Illinois while you shell out $200 to get your car back. Um, not that I've ever had to help anyone out with that before.

Again, there is an easy solution to this problem: there is plenty of free and safe parking in Old Irving, where I live. In addition, I think we should be able to stuff three cars in the garage out back, assuming that the landlord will be so busy cooking brats in the suburbs that he will never even know that we have completely taken over the joint. I can shuttle you back and forth to your car, or there is a bus that nearly directly links the two spots in the city. And then you can hang out in Boystown, safe in the knowledge that you car isn't being dragged away by the CPD. It's win-win!

Editor's Note: BrooksMarlin has moved to a parking-friendly neighborhood right off the Red Line, making getting back and forth super-easy. Bug him for further details.

AAAAA! NO! OH GOD NO!

No no, don't panic. It's totally under control. If you guys need anything, or are worried about something, or need a shoulder to cry on while you ask yourself why they hell you would even consider going to another nodermeet, just let us know. We will help as much as we can, or talk you down if you are lost or confused.