When they separated, both moving out of the "family" home and finding rhythms for their life they'd decided for the sake of their daughter Tiffany to keep the same babysitter, L. It didn't matter whether Tiffany was at Her place or His, L was the babysitter.

Shortly after Tiffany's fifth birthday party He got a promotion at work meaning that neither He nor She had Tuesday or Wednesday evening free, so L was looking after Tiffany alot, which suited her, since she was fifteen and the babysitting money supported her blossoming social life.


It was three in the morning when He arrived home from the function. All the lights in the house were on and L was asleep in an armchair in the lounge. Beside her was the telephone and an almost empty bottle of wine. L woke up with a smile on her face as He carried her to the spare room. It had been a long time since someone had looked at Him that way.

It became a regular feature of babysitting at His place. He quietly raised the wages.


L's periods hadn't yet settled into a regular rhythm since menarche, but she knew that three months without a period was bad.

While He was inside She got sole custody of Tiffany.


Based on a true story. Names have been changed.