FDR was an anti-semite and a bigot. FDR deliberately hurt Jews by restricting their immigration to nearly zero and opposing opening refugee camps in North Africa (Wyman p 117). In June 1939, FDR refused to save 900 Jews aboard the ship St. Louis. FDR repeatedly endorsed the Holocaust - he suppressed news about it (Treasury Report) and would not permit bombing of deportation railways or crematoria at the camps even when it could have saved hundreds of thousands of lives (Wyman p 295). FDR delayed the freeing of prison camps in the Netherlands as long as possible so the Jews would die. Report to the Secretary on the Acquiescence of this Government in the Murder of the Jews, Treasury Department, January 13, 1944, said FDR was "guilty not only of gross procrastination and willful failure to act, but even of willful attempts to prevent action from being taken to rescue Jews from Hitler." Just one fact of many that are in the report - "By the act of 1924, we are permitted to admit approximately 150,000 immigrants each year. During the last fiscal year only 23,725 came as immigrants. Of these only 4,705 were Jews fleeing Nazi persecution."

For more on this gruesome FDR horror see Abandonment of the Jews by David Wyman, 1984; and PBS's The American Experience | America and the Holocaust.

When NY Governor Lehman opposed FDR's court-packing scheme, FDR said to reporters: "What else could you expect from a Jew?" He also told King Ibn Saud of Saudi Arabia in February 1945 that the only offer he might give him was the six million Jews in the US.

Source: http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/6315/fdr.html