current ideas for E2 nodes...
- some Texas add-ons (categories: physical features; locations; animals; musicians; things that only happen here; things from my life experiences)
- blurbs on Purcell, Tallis, Byrd, Palestrina, et al (work in progress -- current Mission Drive Within Everything) Current list: Arcangelo Corelli, Francesco Geminiani, Thomas Tallis, William Byrd, Caterina Assandra, Jacques Arcadelt, Guillaume Dufay, ... plus a host of related ones...
- the SJMoore tragedy (this would have to be in story form) - I don't think I've learned how to write a good story yet--guess this will have to wait.
- TCP/IP factoids, and how to diagnose a network problem
- contributions to the general computer programming, Java, and software architecture body of knowledge
Valium is the best drug (for me) in the world, and I miss it, every day. I was the most content, energetic, motivated, outgoing, and brightest (yes, brightest) person that I've ever been--before or after that time when I had those little yellow (or sometimes blue) pills in my bloodstream. I even drank less and exercised a lot, though I did smoke a lot of cigarettes in those days. I made the dean's list--astounding. I do have a few regrets during that time: I wasn't always the most steadfast friend; I didn't always plan ahead or think of the consequences of my actions. I didn't hurt anyone close to me (that I know of), but I also didn't support them as well as I could have either. Since that time, while my life hasn't exactly gone to shit, I've always felt a little less than "complete". And I don't care about the people that say that it doesn't count if you achieve happiness or contentment or euphoria by artificial means: the hell with the self-righteous bastards. If I had a way to find a supply of Valium without sacrificing my family or my job -- I suppose I do have my limits -- I would do it. If it meant that I would live ten years less, I think I would still do it. I love Valium. I miss it every day. (Especially the nice blue ones.) -->
Thanks, Roninspoon. Thanks, wertperch. Thanks, Gritchka. Thanks, Gritchka (again). Thanks, dotc. Thanks, Lometa. Thanks, TheBooBooKitty. Thanks, Gritchka (again). Thanks, Gamaliel. Thanks, dotc. Thanks, sid. Thanks, Posmella. Thanks, sid (again).
I am a mathematician. I am here to explain the world to you now.
things I'd like to do before I die:
- navigate the length of every major river in Texas (plus the Navasota)
- drive the length of Texas 16, from the Red River in the north, to the Mexican border and the Rio Grande
- visit New Orleans
- publish a song
- learn to play the violin
- have someone thank me for something I did long ago without motive
- visit St. Louis Bay
- visit the Oregon coast
- sail a sailboat
- visit Greece
- finish reading Ulysses
- see Sarah again, apologize for being such a shit, and thank her for blessing this world with her presence for a little while