I do frequent nightclubs. I frequent Rock City, in fact - allegedly the finest rock club in the East Midlands, and certainly in Nottingham. The nights I have been, people tell me I should come down on other nights, because there's this thing called a 'mosh'. Now I have no idea what is this thing called 'mosh', coming as I do from another generation, so I did the sensible thing, and asked...
<call> Installin' BeOS and linstenin' to The Birthday Party. It's difficult to mosh on one's own
wertperch looks at call and wonders exactly what a mosh is. 'cos the node still hasn't told me...
<call> Similar to pogo, wert
<ConfusionTheWaitress> to mosh is to nod in agreement, very violently and to the beat of music.
<wertperch> Now you're talking my language, call! It's a dance-floor blood sport then?
<call> Hell yeah.
<AwkwardSaw> my tip of the day: if you're at a particularly tough show, and people walk in with tires, run the hell away.
<ConfusionTheWaitress> apparently, this one time, while moshing I inadvertantly broke someone's nose (I *so* didn;t mean it, honest) so, yeah, you could be right there.
A dictionary definition says:

To knock against others intentionally while dancing at a rock concert; slam-dance.

To knock against (someone) intentionally while dancing at a rock concert.


I was right! Moshing is a blood sport

I'm still unsure about the tires, though. Well, AwkwardSaw told me the story. If you want to know, ask nicely...

http://www.dictionary.com