One possible problem with this is number (2): Would the Christian God avoid evil if He could? There's not a lot of evidence for that in the Bible. JHVH is a wrathful and petulant SOB most of the time in the Old Testament, and then he went and got his kid nailed to a tree just to prove a point.

I'm not sure that (6) proves much; the standard response is that God's benevolence is inscrutable, because He's God for God's sake. "Don't pay it no mind, that's just his way", so to speak. The question you have to ask is, "is evil bad?" I mean, absolutely and fundamentally bad, bad that it exists at all, not just that it's bad for you or me to do it. "God's Plan" and all that. I don't think we've established that the existence of evil is inconsistent with divine benevolence. Is it anti-benevolent to swat one's kids when it's appropriate? For all we know (or can know), God's concept of tough love may well include atrocities like the Holocaust, the Tutsi genocide, and Hootie and the Blowfish. He's in a position to take a very long view of things; according to Christian theology, the soul will exist for a long, long time after the body dies. Life is a blip.

Ultimately, we're discussing the properties of an entity when those properties cannot be fully known. What use then is logic? I think it would be fairer to condense those seven steps into one: "It's a crock". The whole thing just slithers loose whenever you try to grab it. That which is by definition insusceptible to logic may as well be viewed with a jaundiced eye, if only for lack of anything better to view it with. Either that, or get down with Kierkegaard and start leapin'.

I was gonna reply to this with some dumbass crack about the problem with evil being that the hours are irregular, but dammit it turned out to be something interesting. You can't win 'em all.