Let's not get get the "militantly chauvinistic women" like Andrea Dworkin mixed up with the boneheads who dreamed up the "evolutionary psychology" pseudoscience.

There was a book published recently about this: A Natural History of Rape: The Biological Basis of Sexual Coercion, by Randy Thornhill and Craig Palmer. One of their conclusions seems to be (roughly speaking) that men can't help raping women who wear revealing clothes, so women should dress more modestly. Blaming women for being raped isn't exactly feminism, is it? The difference is between "men can't help it so they should be locked up" on the one hand, and on the other hand "men can't help it so women should be locked up", to put it crudely. Both are a bit goofy if you ask me.

Yes, there is an odd parallel with Dworkin here, but here's a line from the Salon review URL'd below: "The authors are aware of the parallel and it seems to unsettle them, feminists in general being a group they despise." (Emphasis mine).

Here's a woman in Salon discussing the above book: http://www.salon.com/books/feature/2000/02/29/rape/index.html

One should probably read the book before reaching any conclusions about it. The "evolutionary psychology" book, I mean. Obviously, nobody's going to read Dworkin before criticizing her.