Oh, there it is again...the game. We all know what the game is. We've all played it, whether consciously or not. For the few of you who are too innocent and unscathed to know of what I am speaking, I will explain it here. The game is played between two individuals who are most likely attracted and romantically interested in each other. That sounds simple enough. Two people want to get to know each other better and see what develops. Ahhh, but this is where it becomes confusingly complicated. Person A really likes Person B, but Person A must not act like Person A really likes Person B. If Person A expresses their true feelings for Person B, Person B will turn and walk (more often run) away. You see...Person B is no longer interested in Person A after Person B knows how much Person A likes them. Why, you ask, I like to believe that it is a character flaw, a weakness in the personality, if you will. If Person A would have just played the game, which basically means teasing and playing with Person B and not really expressing how strongly they feel, then Person B probably would not have left. So, in essence, to play the game successfully you must be an actor. You must master the art of hiding your feelings and manipulating people.

I despise the game. I loathe the game and all it stands for. Never wanted to play it. Never meant to. But I have found myself in the midst of playing it time after time. Why must the game be played? I have posed this question in many instances. One response that stands out is "we all play the game because we all need the game, even you do, just admit it to yourself". I can't accept this as truth. Maybe I am naive not to, but I refuse to believe that honesty won't make me happy and fulfill all of my needs. Refuse to believe that I must be lied to and made to believe false truths and fake emotions. I will not believe that my being is that shallow and paltry.

Very few times have I run into someone who says that they don't want to play the game and actually doesn't play it. When I meet someone like that, someone who won't play it and doesn't expect me to play it, I feel very lucky. This person is someone I won't let go of. When two people let themselves stop playing the game for a moment is when you let yourself truly feel and follow your heart. This could open you up to feeling some of the greatest emotions of your life or could open you up to feeling some of the greatest pain in your life.(Hence the attraction of the game.) However, you must realize...to feel the greatest joy you must be willing to feel the greatest pain. No risk,no gain.