The Loral Space Systems FS-1300 is an orbital communications satellite produced by Loral Space Systems Corporation for service as an active trans-orbit communications platform.

It has been one of the most widely used communications vehicles of the last decade due to it's flexibility, size and, of course, low cost. The first was launched in 1989, with orders still being taken, though the 1300 platform is being supplanted by it's evolutionary replacement, the 20.20.

The basic bus model can deliver from 5 to 12kW of power that can actively drive 5000 watts of RF broadcasting to power as many as 70 active transponders in the C- and Ku- Bands. But more importantly the frame can be extended (via the 1300S model) to give more that 40% mode capacity then the base model allowing for a design maximum of 18kW of continuous power with 10kW of broadcasting power with as many as 90 active transponders, taking the launch mass to about 6700kg from the baseline 5500kg.

For interorbital maneuvering and station keeping, a bi-propellant ion engine is provided; with the nominal 200kg of fuel, maneuvering time can be seen at about 2400 second, allowing for an operating life approaching 15 years.

Many well-known companies and systems employ the venerable FS-1300, including AT&T and recently Sirius Satellite Radio (which employs 3 in orbit to maintain constant coverage over the continental USA). The most popular launch vehicle has been the Atlas II platform, but recently the Ariane 44LP and Proton 8K82K/DM3 have become more common.