PocketZIP is a removable media format from IOmega. It is a small, roughly round disk, about the size of a US Silver Dollar. Inside it's metal casing is a rotational disk of the same design as the hideously popular Zip Disk, only a lot smaller is size and storage; PocketZip Disks hold 40 megabytes. That may seem small, but considering that they can be purchased for $10 USD at the moment, compared to $40 for a 32 megabyte CompactFlash card, the size is adequate for the money.

The product first began life in 1996 when an internal product called N'Hand was being worked on in IOmegas' Roy, Utah R&D facility. That initial design was 20 megabytes and about twice the thickness of todays disk. But some design changes were made and the capacity was doubled and the size halved and it was released in 1999 as the Clik! disk.. an abysmal name that would later be changed, in 2001, to the PocketZip name we all know and love.

Among some of the more interesting technical aspects of the PocketZip disks is that they are edge driven; unlike traditional removeable media that have a hub in the center of the media, the PocketZip drive motor moves the disk by applying force to the outer edge allowing the read mechanism to me thinner because the motor is beside the disk, not under it. So thin, in fact, that the is a PocketZip reader that fits completely into a Type II PCMCIA card.

The most notable device to use the PocketZip disks is the IOmega HipZip music player.