I found 2 grey hairs in the last 24 hours. One as I was putting it up yesterday before I went out, and one just now. I don't go looking for grey hairs, it's just that I've had my hair down and when I glance down sometimes they glint up from my shoulder.

I don't really dislike my grey hairs. I'm more ambivalent than anything, really, but I have a tendency to pull them from my head. It's not that I'm trying to mask my slowly advancing years by surreptitiously discarding my grey, but rather because I really like looking at them. I find them really neat looking.

It perhaps would make more sense to contextualize this a little. My hair is long and grows fairly slowly. I trim about 6" off every six months or so. A pulled strand is often well in excess of 2' long, and the strands are very thick. So, what I like to look for in my grey hairs is that quite often the color change is gradual and obvious. Mid-strand they go slowly from dark brown to golden brown to practically blond to white, and the texture changes too. The hair gets coarser and wavier. It's like looking at strata in the Grand Canyon or a pan of lasagna. It's time delay without the work.

To make a getting too long story short, I pulled both of these two long white hairs and both of them were about 24" long and pure white. Except for the last half inch on the root end where they'd abruptly changed back to dark brown with only a very short transition.

I think my decision to quit school and start my own business was a good idea. I think this is another bit of proof.