So fine is the line between propaganda and entertainment, and so much misinformation has been propagated on the topic male genital mutilation, aka circumcision, that it is, to me, entertaining. I note that several of the sources cited above are obviously biased (e.g. infocirc.org.) Some observations:

1. Of the nearly half of the population that has them, nobody went through puberty and that crucial period of nerve development and stimulation-feedback with both a circumsized and un-circumcized penis. This makes it extremely difficult to make objective comparisons on pleasure/sensitivity level. People who claim that there is a sensory benefit to one state or the other either have a "the grass is always greener on the other side" mentality or a gigantic ego.

2. Infant circumcisions are not medically necessary.

3. Research into the American database of pornography, on the web or in your local truckstop, reveals a asthetic bent towards the circumcized penis.

4. Conversations with many women reveals that many don't understand the difference. (I'm not kidding here. And I actually talk to many women about this because...)

5. I've perfomed several hundred circumcisions as a doctor. I always use anesthetic, in the form of local lidocaine. It usually seems to work. But not always. Most American doctors follow the current recommendations, and also use the same anesthetic.

6. In my practice in Wisconsin: a.) The majority of times it is the mother who makes the decision on circumcision. b.) Religion seldom is the deciding factor. c.) The national average of 55 percent going for it seems about right. d.)If they are uncertain, I always tell them not to have it done. It can always be done later...

7. I can do an infant circumcision using a gomco in less than seven minutes.

8. It really doesn't seem like a good idea to go for speed in doing a circumcision.

9. Gender reassignment for botched circs is not done. Find me one case in the last twenty years.

10. I am happy with my penis the way it is.