My family and I were cruising around some hills looking at really nice houses. Georgine, a woman who runs a candy store here somehow was my good friend, and she came down from a closed community that we were gazing out. She showed us her house, which was amazing, with a vestibule of glass and lots of dark wood. Then we walked over to the Elk's Lodge, which was somehow connected with the community.

Then my children and I were in a motel room. My husband had left to get something and I opened the door to see if he was coming. Two people were on the walkway, and they forced the door open, not letting me close it. One of them had a tiny gun, and I debated whether to give them my money or fight for the gun, because my two kids were there. I grabbed the gun and took it without a struggle. The two guys were somewhat flabbergasted. I tried to call the front desk to call the police, but for some reason this was a very low rent motel....very low rent..and nothing worked. I began talking to one of the would-be thieves, and noticed that his socks had holes in them. He was very poor and I became semi-sympathetic to him. I tried shooting the gun and not only was it out of bullets, but it shot water as well.

Then the door between us and the next motel room burst open. in runs a buy with long blonde hair and a black leather long coat, leather pants, etc. he's brandishing a HUGE knife and yelling at two small blonde boys. He notices that we're there and grabs up the boys and runs back into his room in embarassment. then suddenly my parents are there, and they're listening to the door connecting to the room on the other side of us. they think a woman is getting beat up in there. we open the door and there is a woman calmly putting on her makeup and hitting herself. The room is very large and elegant in contrast to our small ratty room, and there is an ambience to it..soft light, plush furnishings, etc.

My friend Patti comes and picks me and the kids up. She has a very luxurious car. she gets a phone call that her mother has or is dying. she needs to rush off immediately, and deal with some mother issues.

What does this all mean? sheesh...damned if I know. The luxurious places..and the hotel room with it's rattieness and low level crime is a huge contrast. I'm not sure what that means. Money problems scaring me? maybe so...maybe I fear being in a dangerous place like that..but feel somehow that I belong there..hence my sympathy for the thief with the holey socks.