How to procure hashish from marijuana leaf (shake)

Hashish is a squishy blondeish-coloured substance made exclusively from the tips of the little hairs on marijuana leaf (called trichomes). Hash is not made by mixing oil and powdered shake, like some people I've seen do.

Here is a foolproof way to make some of the best hash you'll ever get, and without the need to buy expensive solvents... the active ingredient is ordinary water.

What you will need:

  • 2 Large buckets/basins
  • Enough water to fill one
  • A screen (see below details) and a coffee filter
  • A sieve
  • A large amount of ice
  • Shake
  • A stick, or an electric mixer

The theory behind this is that trichomes will break off the leaves if they're cold and moved around a bunch. Trichomes are heavier than water, and will therefore sink to the bottom.

Procedure:

  • First chill your shake in the freezer for a while, that'll make the stems holding the trichomes brittle, which will greatly help your cause.
  • While it's cooling off, fill your bucket with the water and ice.
  • After a half hour or so, dump all your shake in the water and mix it around with the stick
  • Here's the fun part - Now mix it up... stir it like there's no tommorow... keep doing this till your arm falls off... This is the process which will break the trichomes off the leaves. The longer you do this, the more you'll get.
  • After you're sick of stirring (do it for at least a half hour) take all the leaf off the top and throw it away (I suppose you can dry it out and make oil with it - but I wouldn't).
  • Dump your water through the screen into the other bucket (I suggest putting the screen in a sieve and pouring slowly through that). This step will take out all the leafy bits that are larger than a trichome.
  • Now let your water sit for a while and let all the keif sink to the bottom (it'll make your job faster). Give this step at least an hour (I'd give it 2). If it's in a clear container you can see when this is done, as you can no longer see sparkly bits floating in the water.
  • You should now get rid of most of the water. You can do this by siphoning, or by carefull pouring, and when I say carefull, I mean it... pay close attention to the blonde crud at the bottom, and not to pour it out.
  • Stir the remaining water up and quickly pour it into the sieve which now contains a coffee filter.
  • When the water starts getting low, bunch up the hash with your fingers into the center. When it's filtered through you have your hash. That's it! You can't smoke it till it's dry, of course.. so you might want to roll it out real thin with a rolling pin and let it dry.

The key step in this process is filtering it through the first screen. The weave of the screen decides the quality of the hash. Less leaf bits = good.
If you're willing to go out and buy some screens, I suggest getting a 60/29 polyethelene screen for straining out the leaf, and a 212/41 one for trapping the hash (don't ask me what those numbers mean, I've never bought these (though I'm assuming it refers to thread count per square inch/cm)). This will yeild bright yellow hash of the finest quality. You can, however, make a makeshift screen out of almost anything, silk screen works exceptionally well. If you don't have any of that, though, you can make one out of several layers of panty-hose material.

So now you know how to make some of the bestest hash known to man... best of luck, and /msg me if you have any problems or want me to umm.. assess the final product ;)