I had a noder dream last night, which is most bizarre, considering I've never met another noder IRL. Several vague, shadowy noder figures and I were discussing the proper pronunciation of noder names. Walter, RalphyK, riverrun and the like were straightforward and agreed upon rapidly. Even wertperch, Demeter, and wharfinger didn't cause much trouble. The next step is when all hell broke loose.

"Segnbora-t?" a shadow said incredulously (the name scrolling soundlessly out of his mouth in text), "What the hell is that supposed to sound like??"

"Or Teiresias!" another irate noder exclaimed. "How precisely does one pronounce that many vowels in one word?"

They went on and on, until my eyes were bewildered with the likes of QXZ, Chras4, and mcai7et2. Even (c)all didn't escape a silent expostulation. Finally, brushing a strand of Aresds out of my eyes, I feebly protested that these were aliases for a writing community. Maybe the pronunciation wasn't important?

That was a bad move.

I became visible to the shadow figures for the first time, and they looked me up and down with one brief glare before one declared, "And what exactly would you have to say about that, Ceallach? Hmm?"

"Hey!" I was incensed. "That's not fair! Just because it's not English doesn't mean it's unpronounceable! It's easy!" I snatched the scroll of my name out of the air, and brandishing it like a shield said "KELLY", and woke myself up.