Hi. I'm kinda new here.

I've liked E2 ever since I saw it. I can spend hours browsing nodes and surfing softlinks in a flurry of Mozilla tabs. I've contributed a few writeups, but only in places where I thought the database needed to be enlightened. I noded what I knew.

However, it can't be denied that the most beautiful nodes here are the accounts of people, relationships, and love. Not the writeups on Kazaa's structure or applications of Fitt's Law. And I think to myself, I want to node like that.

But there's this bar thing, see. It got raised. And I hit my damn fool head on it.

I can accept that my style's not up to par with E2's best. Even with E2's half-best. I'd just like to be able to touch the fiction end of the E2 pool without getting obliterated. I'd also love to see E2 rekindle my desire to write, which I think (by its popularity with writers) it's capable of. What I'm asking you, the Day Log reader, is whether I should look into getting a Mentor, fulfill myself with a few words of (your) advice, or what-have-you.

I'll appreciate any well-meaning advice. I don't know if the Day Logs are the right place for this kind of thing, but I'm sure you'll let me know if I'm wrong.