One of the things that really drives me crazy about being in the Army is the fact that I get orders to do one thing, then something comes up which requires immediate attention, and the mission I've been assigned never gets completed on time. *sigh* I suppose, now that I think about it, that's pretty much how it is anywhere. But the Army tends to be rather unforgiving about it.

So what do I do? I do the work at home, where I can't get distracted. Actually, no. I get plenty of distraction at home- TV shows, chores, kid stuff, errands, ad infinitum. What I do is, I pack up my laptop, get into the car and make the hour-long trip down to Nashville, where I take my perch at Café Coco (my home away from home).

Today I did work in a piece of software that I haven't used in more than 5 years: Flash. In some ways it was like coming back to an old friend that I'd missed, in others... well, where does all the time go? Flash and I had to get reaquainted, catch up on the years we'd missed together- how did you change, how did I change, what's new and different, what the hell does that button do, who took away the intuitive ActionScript interface? But, after some head-banging and a little ingenuity, I managed to accomplish my mission.

Monday I will show my sergeant the fruits of my labor and, hopefully, he will be pleased.

How in the bloody hell did I get tasked with designing the battalion's intranet website, anyway?