Rock City is a legendary club, situated on Nottingham'sTalbot street (just up from Nottingham Trent University) which provides a home to students, metalheads, punks and all manner of drunk who like cheap drinks and never seem to manage to meet any form of dresscode.

Voted best rock club by readers of Kerrang! magazine it hosts all manner of bands, from the upcoming hopefuls to major well-known bands, and the odd obscure foreign punkband on the way.

Aside from the bands there are three regular nights. Thursday is student night with dirt cheap drinks and a fine balance of guitar-driven rock diluted with pure unfiltered cheese. If Britney Spears makes you want to vomit, you'd better head down to the basement (disco-II) for a bit of a mosh.

Friday nights are 'Love Shack'. If you love the 80's then you'll love this. Despite my previous mention of a lack of a dress code Love Shack has a strict shirt and shoes policy so all you rockers might want to go to The Old Angel instead.

Saturday is *the* night to be in rock city - 3 rooms (even rock citys sister-club, 'The Rig' is opened up) catering for varied rock tastes, fairly cheap beer and plenty of laughs. Fantastic.

The only other things to mention are that various corners of the club do amass quite a large amount of broken glass, if the ceiling was covered with the same substance as the floor then you'd be able to walk on it, the moshpit is usually so soaked in beer you can't stand up around it and the toilets are best described as 'festival grade'