Wore a brown mock turtleneck. More later!


TheChronicler's Chronicle of How His Life Sucks! Not really

So I go to Border. That place has the best collection of CDs I've seen outside the 'Net (the only thing they don't have consequently is Godspeed You! Black Emperor (Yes, they changed their name. No, no-one cares.) but I digress). So I'm listening to a display CD labeled as Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights. It rocked, sounding like Ambient mixed with Classical all mixed with a nice, complex drumline complete with loud, reverbed clapping that seems to be done by hundreds of people, serenading into a nice classical string orchestra.

So I buy the CD, noting that the sign under the CD mentions how Interpol sounds a bit like The Smiths. I think to myself, I love ambient, I love strings, but most of all, I love The Smiths... I'll get this!

The CD I listened to wasn't Interpol.

I ended up liking the Interpol CD anyway. However, thanks to Murphy's Law, if I go back down to Borders to see what I was listening to, they probably would have already changed the CDs. Gr.

Anyway.

I went to Ju-Jitsu, but it didn't hurt so much because I took four Ibuprofen and a Coca-Cola (to hype me up). At least I got something productive done.

I've been randomly writing down various words that interest me, most of which are nodes. Here are a few:

Fun. Now, maybe these words will help me write lyrics. Not.

I made an interesting playlist that everyone seems to not really like. But I like it, so whatever, and it's been bouncing around in my iPod forever. Please comment. This is pretty much a summary of my musical tastes (sans my Metal/Goth/Industrial fetish)

  1. Yo La Tengo - Return to Hot Chicken
  2. Radiohead - My Iron Lung
    -or-
    Steve Miller - Serenade (I changed it at the last minute)
  3. Flogging Molly - Black Friday Rule
  4. Belle & Sebastien - The State That I'm In
  5. Mr. Scruff - Get a Move On
  6. Wilco - Heavy Metal Drummer
  7. Portishead - Mysterons (Live)
  8. Squarepusher - Rustic Raver
  9. Radiohead - Karma Police
  10. Massive Attack - Teardrop
  11. Cocteau Twins - Ivo (BBC Sessions)
  12. Thievery Corporation - Lebanese Blonde
  13. Badly Drawn Boy - Once Around the Block
  14. The Smiths - Girlfriend in a Coma
  15. Godspeed You! Black Emperor - The Dead Flag Blues