THE SYNTAX GAME

So, you're finished a test in school and have class time remaining with no homework to do or something to occupy your time, or you're waiting for the boss to read your report (after he's done contemplating how he's going to fire you,) and you're bored to death. So what do you do? Grab your scientific calculator and play the Syntax Game - the game with more errors than Wikipedia, biology textbooks and Al Gore combined!

History


I finished a test in French class, and I was bored. I wasn't tired enough to take a nap, and I didn't have any homework that didn't involve a computer, so I just slumped and daydreamed. After what seemed liked forever, I looked at the clock and noticed that only two minutes have passed and there was still twenty-three minutes left in the period. And then, it hit me - the Syntax game!

How to Play the game:


You need...


  1. A scientific calculator
  2. Free time
  3. Pure boredom

Game Rules

  1. Turn on the calculator. Replace the batteries if necessary.
  2. Punch in random numbers without looking. NOTE: If you hit a button that leads to a sub-screen, close out of it and resume.
  3. Hit enter/equal
  4. If you get a Syntax, domain, dividing by 0 or argument error, you lose. If you get a real number, you win.
  5. If you lose, you fail. If you win, good for you.

Prizes


You really think that you're going to get a prize for punching buttons into a calculator?