Friday, July 2 - Sunday, July 4, 2010
The Second City's Second Nodermeet

Excerpt from the Blagojevich transcripts:
“It’s a[n] [ expletive ] valuable thing. You don’t just give [ a nodermeet ] away for nothing. If they’re not going to offer anything of value I might just take it. I’ve got this [ nodermeet ] and it’s [ expletive ] golden. I’m not just giving it up for [ expletive ] nothing.I’m not gonna do it. And, and I can always use it. I can parachute me there.”

Tired of your boring, politically stable and just government? Come to Chicago - boiling cesspool of political corruption and home of ridiculous foods! Celebrate the US's Independence Day by coming to the place that makes one wonder if free government is always the best idea. Do it with foods that make one wonder "How was this even invented?"

The Details

When:

Friday, July 2nd through Sunday, July 4th - if you need to come in a day earlier or leave a day later, let me know.

Where:

Chicago, IL, USA - Lakeview Neighborhood. You can use the corner of Belmont and Clark as a reference point for location in terms of hotels and brothels. Located between the sub-neighborhoods of Wrigleyville and Boystown (home of many an ex-frat boy and/or gay man respectively), it is surrounded by plentiful places to grab food and liquor, but not groceries. Bars also abound. Contact me for an exact address and other contact information.

Transit

My place is easily accessible by public transit via two major bus routes (#77 Belmont or #22 Clark) - the closest stop for either of those lines is the corner of Belmont & Clark. It is also close to three major El Lines (Red, Brown, & Purple). The closest stop would be the Belmont stop on all of those.

Via traditional road transit, take either the Kennedy/90/94 or Lakeshore Drive to their respective Belmont exits. You will want to drive East on Belmont from the Kennedy and West from Lakeshore Drive. When you get to Clark, you have arrived.

Parking is problematic. The closest parking garage is seven blocks away. There is metered street parking available, but payment is required between 6 am and 9 pm. Free parking is available at Vandewal's and a shuttle will be setup between the two places.

If you parking at Vandewal's, contact him and he will relay the information to you.

If you are coming in via airplane, bus, or train, please contact chaotic_poet or Vandewal to arrange pick up unless you want a public transit adventure. There's nothing like the Red Line at 1 am to get your heartbeat going.

Sleeping Arrangements

Crash space is pretty available, although it is all in one central room. I estimate sleeping 10 fairly comfortably, with four beds/couches available:

  • Sky-light Atrium (has a bed roll)(Space for 2) - Sauth has dibs
  • Transformer Ikea Couch/Bed (Space for 2) has been requisitioned by karma debt and mordel
  • Day Bed (2, if they snuggly) has been marked by jessicaj
  • Couch claimed by Two Sheds
Floor space from there, so bring your sleeping bags - we have wood floors. There are multiple hotels within a short walking distance.

Limitations and Warnings:

I do have roommates, who have been warned 7 months in advance. Also, we live with a dog: a long haired dachshund. Roommates and dog maybe out on trips that weekend.

What?

Events are merely suggestions and subject to change.
Friday
  • Meals
    • Breakfast: My place
    • Lunch/Dinner: Somewhere else
  • Events
    • Meet and Greet
    • Fun in Boystown/Wrigleyville
Saturday
  • Meals
    • Breakfast: My place
    • Lunch/Dinner: Somewhere else
  • Events
    • Taste of Chicago
    • Aquarium
    • Green Mill
Sunday
  • Meals
    • Breakfast: My place
    • Lunch/Dinner: Somewhere else
  • Events
    • Lincoln Park Zoo
    • Fireworks Display Somewhere in the Chicago-area
Monday
  • Meals
    • Breakfast: My place
    • Lunch/Dinner: Leave
  • Events
    • If you are still here, you will be cleaning. No ifs, ands, or buts upon threat of walking the plank - PirateBoys style.

Why?

It's summer, I'm a teacher, and I have a decently sized, well located apartment. Besides, it's time for Chicago to get some action that isn't associated with political corruption. Also, for whatever reason, I seem to like you people.

Who?

Your hosts:

The Guests The Indecisive The People Who Don't Love Us Enough