The President, The Faculty, and The Graduating Class of

The University of Texas at Arlington

Announce the Graduation of

Danne Lauren Stayskal

on Friday, the Twelfth of December, Two Thousand Eight, with a

Bachelor of Arts Degree in
Interdisciplinary Studies in
Computational Linguistics and Artificial Intelligence


Summa Cum Laude

I started at this university in the Fall of 1998. Since then, I’ve vagabonded around five countries, learned six more languages, and had eleven different majors, and five different minors. I’ve gone through six laptops, written two books, worked at seven companies and three research labs, and made innumerable friends. Ten years later, I’m actually graduating.

Commencement Ceremony

The commencement ceremony is on Friday, December 12th, 2008, 7:00 p.m. at Texas Hall on UTA campus. Maps and details are in the full announcement. The commencement ceremony requires tickets, of which I have ten. Six of them are firmly spoken for, and three of them tenuously spoken for. Let me know if you want to come, and we’ll see how to make it work. Since the commencement is so late in the day, the graduation party will be on the following day.

Graduation Party

The graduation party starts on Saturday, December 13th, at 7:00 p.m. at my apartment. It will probably span a day or two. Again, maps and details are in the full announcement. Anyone who wants to come is invited (including noders), and we'll have accommodations available for folks coming in from out of town. Bring food and family, but know that my home isn’t childproofed. If you think you may be coming, drop me a message to let me know.


Fun fact: University of Texas at Arlington was the first node I ever submitted to Everything2. That was more than eight years ago.