Currently, I'm sitting on the dirty, stained carpet in my living room. This is not because I enjoy sitting on a dirty stained carpet. Nor do I enjoy having a dirty stained carpet. But that's not what I'm here to talk about today.

The reason I'm sitting on the floor is because I'm sadly watching two sweaty guys move the living room furniture out. Today is moving day for my roommate, and it just so happens that she also owns all of our living room furniture.

My roommate moving out marks the end of many things.

Three years ago, we met. She was one of my assigned roommates in our dorm my Sophomore year. I thought she was a bit weird, mostly because she shook my hand when I met her. Apparently she thought I was weird, probably because I was wearing a skirt and 5 inch platform boots.

Perhaps it was the mutual love of Friends, which we watched on DVD constantly, or maybe it was the fact that I'd wake up next to her on our kitchen floor after we'd somehow separately pass out there after a night of collegiate level binge drinking. But after I watched her get robbed at machete point, it was undeniable that we were friends.

We continued to bond the following year after we both realized we hated our other two roommates in our next apartment. Every other day we would have to figure out a way to make living with "The Kellys" (Yes, they were both named Kelly) slightly less than terrible. We dreamed of the day we would move into a place for just the two of us. When we found it, we were thrilled. The price was good, the apartment was not disgusting or falling apart, and there would be no booty shaking whores in our living room at 3am on a Tuesday night. We hung out constantly outside of our terrible apartment. She became my best friend here, and when we moved into our current apartment, it was great.

A year ago we moved in. And now she's moving home. I feel so sad to see her leave. She helped me through some really difficult times. And she and I have had so much fun doing almost nothing. I understand that she has to, but it's not easy to accept the fact that I won't be seeing her every day anymore.

And sitting on the floor is gonna get real old, real fast.