A professor at Michigan State University, Cliff Lampe typically enjoys torturing his students by forcing them to contribute to Everything2. Which in and of its self is not bad, but then one must experience one's hard work getting deleted, most likely by Cliff Lampe himself. As a result students typically start to wonder if the assignment is actually worth it.

It should also be noted that Dr. Lampe's grading scale for his classes is one that is designed to make students wonder why they can obtain all the objectives set forth, but still have 10-15% knocked off their grade due to a failure to include bullet points. It has been well documented and even admitted by Dr. Lampe himself, that he does enjoy toying with his student's emotions.

While this does make him sound evil it should also be noted that he is an "expert" in social computing with a focus on economics, usability, and looking at server logs. This is really just as fancy way of saying that he sits on Facebook, Linkedin, Wikipedia, and of course Everything2 all day, claiming that he is "working" and collecting grant money. It must be a good life to be a professor. Cliff Lampe can often be found wearing tinfoil hats saying that the government is out to get him (and don't worry, they are).

I would like to conclude that Dr. Lampe is a complete jerk, but seeing that this posting is technically for a grade I will let you draw your own conclusion.

Source: Personal experience with Cliff Lampe himself.