Beherit

An object from the manga "Berserk" that has a card game, anime, and games now. Created by the talented artist Kentaro Miura.

A "living object" that connects the spirit world and our world together. According to Flora, the witch of the tree spirit, "There isn't a more powerful object present in the current world. By itself it is just a stone, but its fate is controlled by the hands of the owner."

Blood, tears and strong will have all been used to activate Beherits and it is also known as the "Egg of the Emperor". Humans use it to summon the God Hand, five demonic overlords who will grant the summoner anything he wants by sacrificing their most loved to the God Hand. Usually what is sacrificed is people, like family and friends, whom the summoner treasure the most. The most loved will become Branded, and the Branded will be given over. Humans who receive this granted power become known as Apostles, or God Hand minions, who draw their power from the God Hand.

It is named the "Egg of the Emperor" because it resembles an egg, with a distorted human face protruding from one side. The mouth is at the bottom left, with its right eye on its left side. The nose is at the top right, above the right eye with its left eye beside it.

The God Hand used to be five ordinary humans, but as each obtained the Scarlet Beherit, an extraordinary Beherit among Beherits, they rose to become a member of God Hand. A God Hand member was born every 216 years until Femto, who is the last. Each rising of a God Hand member takes place during an eclipse within the Nexus of worlds. The last God Hand member, Griffith, now known as Femto, became a member of God Hand by sacrificing hundreds of his comrades to a grisly death, eaten by the indescribable monsters within the Nexus.