This kind of interested me, so I did a bit (very little) research on the subject. 

Overview

Kinesins are like little cargo trucks that move around things that a cell might need. I say cargo trucks because the things they move around are pretty big (at their scale, I mean.) They walk in one direction along a series of roads called microtube filaments. And when I say walk, I mean it. They really move in a way that looks like they're walking.

Slightly more in-depth

Some molecules don't move around a cell on their own. Glucose usually does, but some parts, like supplies for building the massive wall that is the cell membrane, can't. Either they're too big, or they're in a spot that's too crowded to move around in easily. Whatever the case, motor proteins like Kinesins help drag them along to wherever they need to go- Usually, this is from the inside of the cell, to the outside. TL;DR on that: They're really only built to go one way. There are other versions, Dyneins, that move stuff inwards. Something about a plus and minus end, but Kinesins walk towards the plus end. You have cars that can only go either out of town or into town. Kinesins are the ones that go out of town, delivering important cargo that helps keep your cells (and you, in turn) functioning and healthy.

As a side-note, viruses can co-opt kinesins to help transport their own things. Think of an invading force during wartime using a captured nation's metro system to move around supplies and troops and attack neighbouring nations.

Wrap-Up/Conclusion

Kinesins are very important workers in cells. They transport heavy loads and are an overall pretty integral part of basic cell functions. However, they can also easily be hijacked and used to harm you just as much as they might help. They also look pretty dumb, but what are they gonna do about it?