Some of the takeaways from CNN’s presidential debate last night in Atlanta, Georgia, between President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump were more than just being decrepit or demented or the ubiquitous mudslinging, name calling and loss of face. Let's simplistically summarize the performances of the presumptive party candidates:

  1. Biden’s Struggles:  President Biden faced challenges during the debate. His hoarse voice, stammering, and difficulty delivering energetic responses highlighted concerns about his age and sharpness. However, he did find his footing when discussing foreign policy and standing up to Russia.

  2. Trump’s Grievances:  Former President Trump doubled down on his grievances and missed opportunities to address his own vulnerabilities. He didn’t provide new answers on issues like his felony conviction, overturning Roe v. Wade, or his actions during the January 6 Capitol riot.

  3. Border Control Policy Clash:  The candidates clashed over immigration, with Biden stammering through some words while expressing support for tougher border laws. Trump accused Biden of implementing a weak border policy that worsened crime in the U.S.

  4. Social Security and Wealthy Taxes:  Biden emphasized the need for the wealthy to pay their fair share to protect Social Security whereas Trump just accused him of intending to kill it.

So, the debate (?) covered a range of topics beyond the simple “I’m not him” narrative. Both candidates had their moments as well as their falsehoods, and the overall impact (if any other) remains to be seen as the campaigns of absurdity continue.


We're doomed, we're all doomed.


Honestly? I can't even with this election…