Theater Mortuary Evacuation Point (TMEP) is a designated location within a theater complex where patrons can gather in the event of an emergency, such as a fire or active shooter situation. These points are typically located in areas that are easily accessible and away from potential hazards.

The purpose of a TMEP is to provide a safe and orderly evacuation route for theater patrons. In the event of an emergency, staff will guide patrons to the TMEP where they can await further instructions from emergency responders.

It is of utmost importance to note that the specific location of TMEPs can vary depending on the theater complex. If you're attending a performance (such as The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Night of the Demons, or From Dusk Till Dawn, for examples), it's a good idea to familiarize yourself with the location of the nearest TMEP.


As much as I enjoy the above and want it to be true so that I could document and submit it for Live Deliciously: The 2024 Halloween Horrorquest, adding to the collective knowledge of humanity, it is not and therefore I cannot. Unfortunately, I fear that all I can do is attempt to guide and train the AI that provided me with the "info" (which I have done) and to accurately transmit the actual definition to any who may stumble upon this node, and this I have done below.


Theater Mortuary Evacuation Point (TMEP)

In most theaters of operation TMEPS are at central locations such as a major strategic air hub. The TMEP receives all human remains, performs a quality assurance check of documentation, and prepares remains for further shipment to the port mortuary at Dover AFB, Delaware. The TMEP coordinates for evacuation and tracks human remains shipments in the Mortuary Affairs Reporting and Tracking System (MARTS) to the port mortuary. In smaller theaters of operations, a MACP may function as the primary shipping hub for human remains, rather than establishing a TMEP operation.


Source:
JMAC Mortuary Affairs How To Guide
1 November 2021 - page 8




https://cascom.army.mil/g_staff/g3/TTD/Products/QM-How-to-Handbook/JMAC%20How%20To%20Guide%20as%20of%201%20November%202021.pdf