In short, the instructional guidelines for coordinating military actions to achieve common objectives (or that's the intent, anyway).


Effective 1JAN19 per Director Joint Force Development:
Joint Doctrine constitutes official advice, however, the judgment of the commander is paramount in all situations. This description will be captured in joint doctrine policy and materials (e.g., joint publication prefaces) and implemented going forward.

joint doctrine

Fundamental principles that guide the employment of United States military forces in coordinated and integrated action toward a common objective and may include terms, tactics, technique|techniques], and procedures. It promotes a common perspective from which to plan, train, and conduct military operations. It represents what is taught, believed, and advocated as to what is right (i.e., what works best). It provides distilled insights and wisdom gained from employing the military instrument of national power in operations to achieve national objectives. See also Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff instruction; Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff manual; joint publication; joint test publication; multinational doctrine. (CJCSI 5120.02)

joint doctrine development community

The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the Services, the combatant commands, the Joint Staff, the combat support agencies, the doctrine development agencies of the Services and the joint community, the National Defense University, the United States Element, North American Aerospace Defense Command, the National Guard Bureau, and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff controlled activities. Also called JDDC. (CJCSI 5120.02)

Joint Doctrine Development System

The system of lead agents, Joint Staff doctrine sponsors, primary review authorities, coordinating review authorities, technical review authorities, assessment agents, evaluation agents, Joint Doctrine Planning Conferences, procedures, and the hierarchical framework designed to initiate, develop, approve, and maintain joint publications. (CJCSI 5120.02)

Joint Doctrine Planning Conference

A forum convened by the Joint Staff Directorate for Joint Force Development that meets semiannually to address and vote on project proposals; discuss key joint doctrinal and operational issues; discuss potential changes to the joint doctrine development process; keep up to date on the status of the joint publication projects and emerging publications; and keep abreast of other initiatives of interest to the members. Also called JDPC. (CJCSM 5120.01)

Crystal clear now, no?



ARMY · MARINE CORPS · NAVY · AIR FORCE · SPACE FORCE · NATIONAL GUARD





References:
https://www.jcs.mil/Doctrine/
https://www.tradoc.army.mil/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/AD1029823-DOD-Dictionary-of-Military-and-Associated-Terms-2017.pdf