I am entertained to discover a book on Amazon that describes itself as The Gnostic Gospels Collection: Judas, Mary, Philip, Truth & 4 Bonus Gospels Yes, order now and get four whole bonus Gospels at No Extra Cost! Imagine your delight as you peruse these wonderful, knowledge-rich bundles of esoteric writing! Your inner Gnostic will delight at new learnings that, according to Dan Brown, have been concealed from you by the Roman Catholic Church for centuries, nay millennia! Be the envy of your friends as you progress in leaps and bounds beyond their understanding!

Of course, this is nonsense. The Gospel of Thomas has been thoroughly spoiled by so many people by now (not least of which is the film Stigmata) and there never was a Catholic conspiracy to hide these books and of course commentaries are all over the Internet now. Never before has hidden knowledge been more available. But it has been many years since I read these books, and this collection is one I am itching to own. Thanks to the power of Amazon I will probably have it within the next couple of weeks, so watch this space for more musings on Things Previously Hid From Us.




Let's say this is for Brevity QUest 2024.



xclip -o | wc -w
201