So I started writing a sci-fi short story about a man attempting first contact with telepathic aliens and how disorientating it was to just get thoughts shoved into ones head but I was using emoji for the aliens "speech" and it turns out that you can't just copy/paste emoji on to E2. Even if they show up in the text editor, they aren't there when you save it. The browsers back button got them back but I'm realizing this is going to take a bit more work than I thought and it's kind of bumming me out.

My only other write up today was short and took ... oh I'd say ... three times as long as it should have. It was the off topic rambling thing AGAIN! I'm fine from sentence to sentence but paragraph to paragraph and my writing drifts away from whatever it is that I'm trying to get across. I deleted at least two paragraphs and I don't know how many sentences and I had to reread what I'd written over and over even to figure out what I was even trying to say. I have attention problems but it's not usually this bad. My best guess for the cause is cookies. One of my parents is involved in prison ministry and they were going to take them to the penitentiary but that got canceled so there were a bunch of peanut butter cookies laying around. I don't like wasting food which usually isn't a problem because we have a small flock of chickens and they're natures domestication's garbage disposal. But too much sugar is supposedly bad for them so ... I just started eating the cookies myself.

Almost all of them.

By myself.

I didn't even want them.

They weren't that good.

They were stale.

But still edible.

There's a lesson in here. Just throw out good food if it's a choice between that and eating like five dozen cookies over the course of a week.

I'm just now realizing that I could have taken them to my workplace. I'm an idiot.

Regardless, the cookies are gone now. If my output improves I'll blame my brain fog and generally bad life choices on a constant low level sugar crash and if not I'm probably not going to finish this November.

IRON NODER XIV: I REGRET EATING THOSE COOKIES