Previous · B.I.P. · Next

Omnia Discordia


Haven't you had enough yet?


Are you getting sick of it all?


You should be.


Sickness is your way of life. Take this pill, do this job, but we won't give you enough time to cook, so eat this pre-made meal.

Hey, it may kill you…eventually, but think of the poor starving children in Ethiopia. Sure, your apathy over politics helped contribute to the mess, but think of them! Care for this, eat that, watch this, take your crap, drink your beer and stay smiling. We tell you where to go and what to do.

Tired of being bought and sold like cattle? Are you sheep or goat? Do you want to be led by the nose or do you want to headbutt the herders, then perhaps run amok amongst the flock for a while, scaring the bejeezus out of them?

There's too much of everything nowadays: everything that, in a special way, is nothing. Keeping up with the neighbors and the fashions while trying to keep up with the bills while having your attention distracted by vacuous twits on the idiot box. It drains you to the point that caring becomes too much of a hassle and the depressives of society become an attractive choice to make.

And that’s exactly how We want it! Tired little sheep kept running by the faithful hounds all day long until they are too tired and submit, they break. Who are We? Nowadays, practically everyone…your boss, your leaders, the media at large, the people responsible for American Idol/X-Factor/fill-in-pointless waste of music reality-TV program here…a huge faceless confederacy constantly trying to sway you this way and that, turn you into a follower of anything.

But you can be free. You can sign your very own Declaration of Independence today, turn the tables on this alliance of idiot leaders who would take you for all you have! How? By ignoring us and taking your own road. Yes. It’s. That. Simple. What has paying them attention ever done, other than distract and depress you? Until you do that, you cannot own yourself, despite having every material need in the world fulfilled. You can live the safe, numbing 'life' of a servant or you can live it how it was meant to be, exciting and terrifying but ultimately free.


YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS
TO FORGET
THIS MESSAGE




Source (excerpted from):
https://www.principiadiscordia.com/downloads/Black_Iron_Prison_July2007.pdf
and believed to be in the public domain or, at the least, copyleft
The Black Iron Prison, 2007

Edited for content, context, spelling, grammar, and/or punctuation,
and to be read in the time allotted.

Posted this Setting Orange, the 64th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3190

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.