user since
Tue May 28 2002 at 03:38:38 (21.9 years ago )
last seen
Thu Jun 20 2002 at 04:24:35 (21.9 years ago )
number of write-ups
2 - View Allenthar's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 17
specialties
Computer Science, Macintosh Computers, Computer gaming, linguistics, Tolkien, archery, tennis, Science Fiction
school/company
Santa Clara University
motto
"Those who have not the time to understand their faith will fail to gain from it."
most recent writeup
Tilley Endurables
Send private message to Allenthar

Well. . .I am a college student on the West Coast studying for a degree in Computer Science with a hopeful degree in Linguistics/English. If you really want to get me into a discussion mention either Macintosh computers or anything related to Tolkien. I am an avid/fanatical loyalist of the Mac platform and would gladly debate the merits of it with any who would like to discuss them.

Now, the biography part...

I was born in Seattle as a premature baby and lived the first ten years of my life in Juneau, AK. Lets just say that if you don't like the rain or the ocean, don't live in Juneau. After a downturn in the silver market, my father was transferred to sunny Fallon, NV, a severe shock to go from summers with a high temperature of 77 degrees Fahrenheit to highs of 120 degrees. Needless to say, I hated Nevada, all of it except for the few friends I made there. The climate was very non-conducive to my nature and the culture was very, very different to that of Juneau. After four years there, my father went self-employed and I now live in the Sierra Nevadas, which is probably as good, if not better, than I remember Juneau. We get a combination of lots of snow in the winter and balmy and sunny summers. The best of both worlds I suppose...

I'll save the rest for later...