Today is April 4th, 2015. I quit my job yesterday.

Well, technically I didn't "quit", I gave my two weeks notice. It was the product of many weeks being overworked at a job I was under qualified for, more or less the average plight of retail. I'd been told many times that I should have lined up a new job before I quit anywhere and admittedly my financial situation is not great but I simply couldn't stand my workplace anymore and I was beginning to see red at the slightest provocation.

It probably would only have been a matter of time before I snapped and punched an old lady.

Now at least, I can be happy. I saw three general mangers come and go, all of whom saw my potential and abused it. That's how retail works these days; no meritocracy and full on exploitation of anyone and everyone underneath you so you can cover your own ass. It's a vicious system that fools people into thinking that it's a normal way to treat one another and sucks away years of their lives for subsistence wages. The joy that I felt politely telling my GM that it was time to "cut the string" and exit the cycle was nothing less than revelatory and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.

The time has now come to aggregate the job sites and look through the classifieds. My qualifications are that of a paralegal. Its a competitive market but I trust the legal system to reliably churn out jobs for underlings and minions, if not for lawyers themselves. I just sent out 6 resumes and I'm going to send out 6 more after I finish this WU. In truth I don't care if I actually work in a law office. All I want is something that provides me with financial independence and the ability to move on with my life. ADHD and a lousy family life have both made it difficult to get this far without distraction but it's finally time to move on.

Hoy mas que nunca, victoria.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.